Friday, March 14, 2008

How sweet it is!

There is a little sign when you come over the bridge into Brooklyn New York that reads, "Welcome to Brooklyn. How sweet it is"
I didn't know this quote when we named our first born, Brooklyn. But I can't think of a better quote for her.

We left Brooklyn as mommy jr to Lily and Otto at Nanny and Poppy's house In Atlanta for the week, so that Trent and I could go to NY for a trade show and I could not be more proud of her. She loved those two (and mya) and was a great help while we were gone. So, good that she did everything for Otto, and he took full advantage of her.



The kids got to spend time at Rob & Shanna's and apparently had a blast. Anneliese and Lily were immediate friends and of course Brooklyn and Nico were buddies and helped with the little ones. And Otto and Sophia had a great time together.


Otto and Poppy bonded over fish (poppy's new hobby) and Brooklyn loved learning about her ancestors with Nanny. Nanny also watched Brooklyn & Lily go crazy dancing at a Hannah Montana concert ...glad I didn't have to endure that show! LOL


We got to see Melanie and Mya who also just flew in and Trent got to eat at Zaxby's and I left with my grandma's rhinestone necklace and vintage quilt for Ruby's room.



The next day, Trent, Ruby and I met up with Ted and Gloria in New York City. We had a great time showing them the city, eating and catching up with my BFF Julie and hubby.

The purpose of going to NY was for a tradeshow for KH's, but we always love to go to explore the city and eat at our favorite restaurants.


Ruby was such a trooper and literally hung on Trent the entire time. (see pictures!). On the last day, we walked the entire city from Brooklyn to Manhattan and Ruby loved the free ride on Trent's back!
Gloria and I got some cool knock off purses in China Town and filled our bellies with good pizza and deserts from our favorite bakery!


Phew...glad to be home!








5 comments:

melanie said...

hey...what rhinestone necklace??? it was fun seeing you guys. mya still carries "Bookyn's" picture around with her. too bad nash missed all the fun with the cousins!

Anonymous said...

I already miss you. Too bad I only got one night with you guys. It was way too short. Of all times for Adam to go out of town!

And BTW, all my kids ended up having the stomach bug. So they weren't faking it! (See, TRENT?!!!)

SHANNA said...

that makes me wonder what else lorna is hiding from us other girls!!! wish we had more time with you guys. can't wait till christmas. it was a lot of fun having the kids here. they had a great time!!!

Louise said...

Wow! You guys are super Jet-Set!! Sorry we missed you guys, Ben was out of town- you didn't stay long enough! I totally freaked Brooklyn out at church! I had to give her a hug and she looked at me like I was some kind of freak...which I am, so I don't blame her. It was funny =)

Rboot said...

Nanny and Poppy had quite the time with the kids. Brooklyn took charge of all fun activities and poppy, she is the boss of me you know. I hope Lily and Otto had a good time, I think it was harder on Otto being away from his parents so long.