Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New wall art

We needed new photos on the wall, since I am partial to my kids, I am gonna blow these up really big. Brooklyn didn't want me taking her photo, so she isn't included. (That is what happens when you are in a poopy mood miss Brooklyn).

P.S. This photo really shows how unique each of kids eye color is; Lily is a greenish/grey, Otto is dark as dark brown can get and miss Ruby is a Hazel color. I think it is pretty amazing. I was tempted to turn these images to B&W but I love seeing their eye color, so they will remain in full color.

P.S.S. If you want to take your own photos like these, turn off that darn flash and look for natural light that isn't too strong,  like a window. I make my kids sit on the couch with the window next to them, you can see the light filter on the sides of their faces, perfect for a nice portrait with some unique lighting. And don't be afraid to get CLOSE, kids faces are so perfect their skin is amazing this close up.





8 comments:

eight muddy feet said...

Bee-a-u-tiful!!!

SHANNA said...

the pictures are gorgeous....

otto looks a lot like nash here!

biddles and scootch said...

yeah, except otto has two eyebrows...LOL

SHANNA said...

yeah! that's true.... i love lily's toothless grin! she is so sweet.

Jennifer said...

LOVE THEM! I really need to do the same thing with Cameron and Sofia.

Kerry said...

Brooklyn in a poopy mood? I don't believe it for a second.

Swangerlings said...

The pictures are so pretty. I know what you mean about the eyes. My kids are ALL different too. It is fun to capture the beauty of their individuality.

A Rosie Family said...

So cute. What a fun idea however I'm pretty sure my pictures would never turn out as good. I love that they are all a little different and unique, which the pictures clearly show.