Friday, August 14, 2009

Off to the races



I have been spending the week alone as my darling husband is hiking the rain forest's of Washington with the scouts. All in all, it hasn't been too bad, aside from the constant, " I miss Daddy, I am worried about Daddy" comments. This is the first time that we have been totally out of contact with Trent for this long, and the kids and I don't like it. Especially Brooklyn, she gets so worried and then gets the kids going, then they are all standing there at the top of the stairs crying. I am sure it was just a plot to stay up later or try to sleep in my bed, but it worked because I had 2 kids in my bed last night. So, much for having the whole bed to myself.

So, Trent will be home on Saturday, and will meet us down in Newport, Oregon for Brooklyn's swim meet. I will be down there already cheering her on. Wish us luck!

(Brooklyn is nervous again, and all stressed out, she is swimming 6 events total)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Brooklyn! You'll blow them out of the water! :)

Hess Fam said...

Go Brookly Go! You will do a fantastic job!

A Rosie Family said...

That is so crazy that you had NO contact for a whole week. Ryan was beside himself ya know.

Haven't got the details yet on Brooklyn's swim meet but I'm sure she did fantastic! Go Brooklyn!!

Kerry said...

We can't wait to hear how well she did in her races. We got all excited when we thought we might get to see you for dinner. :(.