Thursday, June 12, 2008

10 yrs ago.........

..... Trent and I were married.

I can't believe how fast time has flown, I am still as happy today as I was that day in San Diego when I married my best friend. I can honestly say that still to this day we have never had a fight, and have never gone to bed angry with each other. (I promise it is true!).


So, today Trent surprised me with a gift but not just any gift. Apparently he has been saving for 10yrs to buy me something really special on our 10yr anniversary. So, at dinner tonight he gave me a vintage diamond ring from the 1930's. There are about 24 tiny diamonds placed around a circle on a platinum setting and gold band. It is stunning! I love that he picked it out himself (because I picked out my original ring).


I am a lucky girl, not just because he has such great taste in jewelry but because he is still my best friend and the love of my life.

12 comments:

Lorna Kyle Boot said...

He's the real jewel M'liss!!

Anonymous said...

Your Mom said it right. He's the gem.

(I want to see that ring, though!)

BakeliteBebe said...

That last paragraph made me teary. You guys are so amazing! I wish I could say that we've never had a fight, but you know who I married! ;)

I really want to see that ring. Teddy helped point Trent in the right direction as to where to look for the ring, I know where he got it, they have AMAZING stuff.

Congratulations, you guys!

tish said...

i'm still kicking myself for missing the wedding. but i guess ten years ago (tomorrow, actually), i was graduating, i'm assuming that's why i wasn't there. i can't even remember! goodness.
congratulations on the anniversary!

Rboot said...

Trent always makes all the guys look bad with the presents he buys you!

SHANNA said...

congratulations!!! what a great couple you guys are.

melanie said...

happy anniversary! post pictures of the ring...i want to see it

A Rosie Family said...

Happiest Anniversary to you two!! You guys really are the cutest couple!! I have told Ryan before how awesome it is that you two NEVER fight! It amazes me!! Wishing you many, many more years of blissful marriage!!

P.S. Do you think Ryan has been saving for the last 10 years too?... Yea, didn't think so! Anyways.. Hope to see that ring soon?!

Louise said...

Wow!!! Congrats!!! You and Trent are definately a perfect match! ...Major brownie points for you Trent!

Nikki said...

well wheres a picture of your bling bling? way to go trent. mom your comment was pretty chezzy!!! adam and i have never had a fight or gone to bed mad at eachother either!

SHANNA said...

oh yeah- what did you get him??

Erickson Family said...

That is so sweet! Our 10th is on the 26th. It's been a crazy good ride!!! =D