Friday, January 9, 2009

My Mid Century Beach House

Well the house is almost done. Trent and I finished moving in and painting this week. With the help if Ikea and my favorite vintage shops in Portland we have it almost decorated. We have been collecting vintage mid century furniture for a while now, and I am so glad to finally have a place to put it all.


Please take note of the large starburst on the wall, this is a designer piece by C.Jere that we found at our favorite vintage shop in Portland. I am obsessed with it and the spot on the cedar walls is perfect. I am also obsessed with Herman Miller shell chairs. We still need few more, so if you seen em, let me know. We still have the kitchen and bathrooms left to tackle, but those are projects for down the road.


If anyone wants to come and stay, please let us know so we can mark you on the callender!



























14 comments:

SHANNA said...

that is beautiful! i love the decorating.... nice, simple and clean! i wish we lived closer, i would love to come visit. maybe someday!!

Hess Fam said...

That is so fantastic! I am in love. Great work on the decor. I wouldn't expect anything less from you! So is it in Oregon or Washington? I'd LOVE to see it in person someday!

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING. My hero. Seriously, how do you do it?! I still have bare walls in my front room, and we've been here five years. You need to come help me.

Jennifer said...

It looks wonderful! I can't wait to book a stay.

Erickson Family said...

I am so confused and out of the loop! Did you move or what?!! I feel like I am out of touch with reality lately LOL!!

biddles and scootch said...

LOL....Kristy, no it is a second house in Long Beach, WA. We are still in Vancouver.

Aaron said...

AJ here - that is a fantastic house and I love the deco.

Anonymous said...

LOVED it Melissa! Frank and I will be going back, if you dont mind : ) And I wouldn't expect anything different from you guys either! It was perfectly decorated!

A Rosie Family said...

Love'n it! Would expect noting but the cutest and funest from you two. Can't wait to see it in person!

Carina said...

I love it! That couch is to die for, and don't get me started on the starburst because I'm pea green with jealousy.

Louise said...

Goregous!!!!!!!!!!!! You made it look fab!!!!!!

Nikki said...

how many rooms does it have again? just wondering. looks cool, can't wait to stay there!!!

biddles and scootch said...

Thanks~ it has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths!!

Jessica said...

I love it! I am soo jealous! ;)