Tuesday, January 27, 2009

London pictures

I am so lucky that I was able to take my BFF with me to London, we had a great time together and we acted as though we were 17 again at Ricks college. We were total dorks then and I discovered that we still are. It is amazing that we have 8 kids between us, and we could still behave like silly college girls when we are together. We missed our children while we were away, but it was a nice break away from the constant whines and sniffles that we are subjected to daily.


London was exactly as I had imagined it, cold rainy and very old. I marveled at the buildings and envied the boots that the women sported around town. I gawked at the Van gogh exhibit, sat in the old pews (and stole a few illegal images on my iphone) and listened to the choir boys in St. Paul's Cathedral.


We walked across the London Bridge, got lost and then found again and had a blast talking all the while.

The food was not very good, so we filled up on shortbread cookies and chocolates. Julie was my translator ( I am not kidding), the language was really hard for me to follow, there are so many slang words that I was almost completely lost! It felt so good to land in the US and hear a normal accent.




Here are a few dorky images from London, Julie has most of the images (hint hint julie) so hopefully I can post some more soon.


And just to prove that we really there for work, I have included a few pictures of our booth!





view from our hotel
























9 comments:

Hess Fam said...

totally jealous! next time you jump over to London...can I be your BFF?

Erickson Family said...

There aren't enough words to express how envious I am!!!!! Just looking at your pics made me want to go!! The food is icky huh? I prob. gained 5 lbs in all the chocolate and pastries I ate to keep from starving to death (oxymoron!!!) Glad your back safe and can't wait to see some more pics.

SHANNA said...

it looks like ya'll had so much fun. it is so nice to get away and be a kid again! so jealous.

Swangerlings said...

Too fun! I have to admit that it is a dream of mine to frolic around Europe..they do it in pretty much every musical.

Jennifer said...

Looks like you had a great time, even if the food wasn't so good - can't wait to hear all about it.

Krystal said...

Looks like a blast! I love the action photos. I think it's great that you got to go and feel like a college girl again. We all need that every once in a while.
It was good to see you guys too!

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I am so jealous!

A Rosie Family said...

That is so fun! You are one lucky girl and so is that Julie for having such a great BFF. Glad to hear you guys had a good time.

It was great to see you guys again!
See ya again soon!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that was FUN. I miss you already. I got the hint and will send you some photos tonight. :)

Miss you, Miss! Going to sleep at midnight is not as fun as talking until five am.