Thursday, July 12, 2007

Brooklyn's Baptism







Brooklyn got baptised over the weekend! I can't believe that she is eight.....actually I can't believe that I am old enough to have an 8yr old!
We had lots of family come in for the occasion....she is the oldest grandchild and first to be baptised. Daddy baptised her (it was his first) and it was really sweet! Brooklyn wore my baptism dress from the 80s...total jessica mclintock. I must have been a midget because the skirt was too short and the sleeves were too short, but it worked out ok, and I was glad that she got to wear it for all of 2 minutes. She wore a beautful white top and skirt from Eden's Bouquet (a georgous girls line) before and after for pictures.
Afterwards, we had a nice BBQ at grandma and grandpa Nash's house ate food and had a nice layed back day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last picture because Trent looks so proud, or happy. Probably both. What a sweet dad! Congrats, Brooklyn! Good job!

Hess Fam said...

I love that she wore your dress that you were baptized in. That dress from Eden's Boutique is to die for. I hope she is a model for that one. Brooklyn is so pretty. I love her unique look. I'm sure you are so proud of her for choosing to be baptized...and I'm sure Trent was so happy to be able to do it! Hope you had a great weekend with all of your friends and fam.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and yeah, Edens boutique is amazing! I want to do a photoshoot of my girls in her clothes. Where can I buy them?

biddles and scootch said...

Julie & Megan;
Thanks for the comments!!!

Ok, here is my friends web site:
http://www.edensbouquet.com
Her stuff is amazing!!!!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe she is eight already! Oh my. Can our kids really be growing up so fast? Trent looks so proud. What a great family photo. Congratulations Brooklyn!!!

I believe I wore a VERY similar outfit for my baptism as well. Amy Byer. lol!