Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Posing with a lazy eye!

We are heading to LA tomorrow to go to Disney Land! It was one of the kids christmas presents, so off we go! We have never flown with all 4 kids before, so wish us luck, we will need it.


So, back to my posing title, while in LA we are going to get our family portraits professionally done, by my favorite photographer, Shannon. (oh and by the way, I didn't send out christmas cards this year, because I knew we were getting professional ones done...so check your mail boxes soon!) Anyhow, I hate my pictures. I never have good pictures of me because I am usually behind the camera, or I am fat and prego and hiding, or just had a baby and I am hiding, or I had a bad hair day, oh and don't forget my best excuse..my lazy eye! I swear it shows up in every picture and drives me insane!


So, this time I decided to practice my "look" and take pics on my computer. Now I don't know if it is just me, but I look different when my head is tilted towards the right, then totally different when it is tilted towards the left. I am not sure why I even tilt at all, I try to take a straight on picture and then right before the click, my head slightly tilts.
After about 50 late night snap shots w.out makeup, I found the perfect tilt.........

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, the photographer in me wants to tilt your head up a teeny bit and look a little more forward. Your face is too pretty not to see more of it! But I think I like the bottom one more. Can't wait to see the shots! Is this the gal who does a lot of your knucklehead photos? She's awesome. Maybe I will have to hire her to do our portraits when we get out there next time!

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I like the top one. Hmm. Can't decide! You look pretty both ways!

biddles and scootch said...

I know...I can't stop the "tilt" I am such a nerd..I can't bring myself to bring my head up more. Sheesh, I hate getting my pics done... I am a HUGE dork! Thanks for the input!

Lorna Kyle Boot said...

bottom definitely! and no dark background, the hair disappears and its all face. It tilt. Robbie tilts, dad doesn't, must be a mom thing....trying to look casual I think.

Shawn said...

I like them both but I think the 2nd is my favorite. And if you look that good without makeup the pics will be great no matter which way you tilt. I should probably try tilting more. Maybe that's the trick. :)

Krystal said...

A trip to Disneyland sounds so fun. I'm sure it will be a blast! I like the top picture... and agree with the last comment that if you look that pretty without make up, you can't go wrong when you really get the pictures done. Good luck!

SHANNA said...

top pic for sure. it looks more natural and in the bottom picture... no offense but your nose looks bigger. sorry. i think you look beautiful no matter what.
i just read all the comments and i don't agree.... i still stick to my original answer.... top pic. have fun in disney land and good luck on the plane. we did that last time we came out to utah. it wasn't so bad as long as we had candy.

SHANNA said...

i think the top one looks more natural also.

melanie said...

i like the top one. the bottom one makes your nose look big.

SHANNA said...

hey mel- did you read mine!!!

Erickson Family said...

How funny that I think the EXACT same thing about myself. I am forever going on about my "lazy eye" that supposedly no one else can see. LOL
Disneyland?!! My girls are gonna be so jealous when those pics come up. Don't worry too much about the plane ride. I took all 4 girls, by myself, from here to PDX the Christmas before last and Tatum was only 4 months old. I thought it was going to be a nightmare, but every last one of them slept the ENTIRE way!!
P.S. totally the top one =D

Rboot said...

Guess mom thinks Robbie is a mom!?
I don't care for either picture. I like it when you are looking right a bit off center. You did some pictures in CA when you worked at Glamour Shots that I thought were good.