Saturday, November 1, 2008

Nash Family Halloween























Once again grandma Nash amazed us with her sewing skills! The kids put in their orders 2 months ago and grandma made the perfect costumes with each detail the kids requested!

My kids take Halloween very seriously, they even stay true to character all night...even the week before and the week after. I don't blame them, they are pretty cool!

Brooklyn was straight out of the 50's with the perfect poodle skirt. Grandma sewed and appliqued the poodle perfectly. She even found her the perfect saddle shoes.

Lily is a Geisha, and played the part well. She stayed in character as much as possible, and didn't want to mess up her make-up. Her costume was made from stunning tan & fuschia satin. She even had satin PJ's underneath!

Otto was in FULL character all week. He is obsessed with Indiana Jones, and loves wearing this getup.  He has even slept in this a few nights, and won't take it off. 

Grandma Nash made the leather jacket for uncle Teddy when he was 4, so the jacket is actually 20 yrs old. Trent made sure that Otto had everything that Indy had, he even had a sound effects whip that played the theme song to the movie (yes, it got old really fast). 

Ruby was a beautiful witch. This is my all time favorite costume. Grandma made this for Brooklyn when she was little. It is the prettiest witch costume ever. Since we are done with it, let me know if anyone wants to borrow it next year!

And finally, Trent and I actually dressed up this year. Our family was invited to a Halloween Party and Brooklyn insisted that we all dress up or she would be "really really embarrased" if we don't dress up. So, I searched my closet and found some 80's looking stuff and went for the 80's look, and Trent was Jason (horror movie icon).

Happy Halloween!






















10 comments:

Amy C said...

Love the costumes!! Maiya and Brooklyn were on the same poodle skirt wavelength...EVeryone looks so cute!

Nikki said...

how funny...i can't believe you had stuff in your closet that fit the 80's...oh wait yes i can!!!

Holly Moore said...

Oh cute! I love these costumes! You look pretty hot yourself Melissa! (=

Anonymous said...

First off, Trent looks so scary! And Melissa, you should have been a housewife in the eighties. It fits you! :)

You really are the luckiest. Having a talented mother in law o make all these amazing costumes year after year. At least I get to share the love!

Rboot said...

Is the witch costume the one Lily wore when she had her famous breakdown in Rexburg while we were all there for Nash's blessing? Lily still speaking Chinese?

Lorna Kyle Boot said...

hey you made me throw away my 80's things...of course that was in the 90's The kids look great as usual.

A Rosie Family said...

Great costumes once again! How fun that you and Trent dressed up too. I can't get Ryan to dress up for the life of me! And the Indiana Jones whip.. I HEAR YOU!! Looks like a fabulous Halloween. Your girls are the cutest and that last pic of Lilly.. CLASSIC. LOVE IT!

melanie said...

you guys all look awesome!!

Jennifer said...

You all look great!
I love that Otto slept in his a few nights.

Melody said...

Hi! I don't know if you remember me or not, but I was baptized in Valley Center when I was 15, and I was in your ward. I was friends with Ginny Zeugschmidt. I found your blog through Tricia McArthur Jones & just wanted to say hello. You have a beautiful family! I have a blog too, http://daissondailydoings.blogspot.com/