Tuesday, May 12, 2009

No front teeth & a birthday party!



7 years ago I was in the hospital on Mother's day after just giving birth to a bald, round headed very pale baby girl  in Orlando Florida. 

I was so excited to have another girl, {I secretly wished her to be a girl}. 

I must admit that Lily was not what we expected. Her older sister Brooklyn was dark haired, and even slightly tanned at birth. I will never forget Trent's words {when Brooklyn was pulled from my tummy via C-section}, "She looks Samoan!" It was true, she had dark hair, dark eyebrows { I mean full on eye brows} and she was totally tan. 

So, when I got a glimpse of this new baby girl, with bright blue eyes, white skin and blond hair, I started laughing.  Meanwhile Trent trying to decide if he is the father of this "pale" one, and probably trying to remember what the mail man looks like, and I am laughing. Right there in surgery, I am laughing and trying to stay still. 

I still laugh at the fact that they are total opposites. People even ask us all the time if they have the same dad. I just laugh and say, "Yes, Lily looks like her Dutch grandpa."

Lily is a unique child, and thinks she is smarter than most adults, she often stares down her teacher and has been know to roll her eyes at authority. Last week she told me that all she wants for her birthday is "a job at Knuckleheads.....with her own office." She was dead serious too. 

Lily also has a kind heart, and loves animals. She wants to be a "animal doctor" when she grows up, but we think that she will really take over Knuckleheads, and it might be a hostile takeover.

Lily is a puzzle master and can put together any puzzle faster than any adult I know. She has a very quick intelligent mind, and isn't afraid to tell you.

Lily plays piano, is an amazing artist with a very free style. She is our hippie girl, she loves nature, dirt and running without shoes, {with dreadlocks for hair}.

Lily loves to be loved. Love her back and she will be the most faithful friend you have.

So today {Mother's Day} We got together with Trent's family to celebrate many things besides Lily's Birthday, and Mother's day. Lily's two front teeth fell out.

Lily was working the final tooth, twisting, turning and pulling and finally {after we all put down $1 each on the table if she pulled it out} the last tooth came out. It was a victory!

So happy birthday to my blond, pale faced, toothless sweet baby girl!! 

{I "heart" you Lily}

P.S. Check out the cake... Brooklyn and I baked & decorated it, from scratch! {A first for us both}


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that she asked for a job at knuckleheads for her birthday. That made me laugh out loud.

Between Brooklyns artistic ability and Lily's desire to have a job there I have an idea for you. Every season you should have one piece designed by one of your children. That would be awesome, and I bet they would sell well!

SHANNA said...

happy birthday little lilly bug!! she is so beautiful and sweet. you described her perfectly. we miss her! good job on the cake!! looks like bakery quality!!

Swangerlings said...

Great job on the cake- a masterpiece! I love all your sweet comments about your little Lily. It truly is amazing to see how different each child is and how much they make you laugh- even when they are naughty!..lol

A Rosie Family said...

Happy birthday Lilly!!!!!!
Rosenlof-

The Schaefer's said...

Broolyn and Lily remind me of the fairytale "Snow White and Rose Red." They're opposite sisters, too. It's sounds like it's nevera dull moment with Lily around...we have one of those in our family, too (Harrison). You and Brooklyn did an INCREDIBLE job on the cake, by the way.

A Rosie Family said...

Love that Lilly girl! Great job on the cake too! Looks super yummy.

Erickson Family said...

I was totally looking at the cake and thinking how pretty and who had done it and then I read that YOU did! Silly me, of course you did it! You are probably one of the most multi-facted, talented people I know! You go on with your bad self!!! =P

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Lily, get you into bed take off your knickers and lick your p-ssy until you feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo good you squeal and buck to orgasm, at 7 I think it is time for something your sis loves.....anal, lots of lube and slip into that sweeeeeeeeeet tight tight little bum hole, mmmmmmmm wish it was your p-ssy, knickers are mine p=ssy sniff time