Friday, December 14, 2007

I am so lucky!

I am so lucky to have Brooklyn as my first born. I have always known that she is an amazing girl. Let me tell you a little bit about Brooklyn and I am sure you will agree.


She was an amazing newborn, and slept through the night from the get go. She did everything early..crawled, walked, talked...and she hasn't stopped talking yet. She was fully potty trained by 18months and she potty trained in 4hrs and never had an accident (even at night). She started reading young & is always top of her class and her teachers always LOVE her. She has an amazing sense of humor and self confidence, she is a great conversationalist, and a planner.


Although the above are fun facts, the reason why I am so lucky to be her mom is because she truely has a heart of gold and she wears it on her sleeve. Her family is her life. She loves her ENTIRE family..cousins, etc. She always talks about them, colors pictures for them (even though I am terrible about mailing them, we have stacks of cards for aunts/uncles/cousins/etc. She counts the days til she can see her cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents.


She always puts her sisters and brother ahead of herself, she cares for them like their second mom. She teaches them and reads to them, she has a room at the office called the "school room" and she really teaches them and helps them learn. She spends her own money on school supplies/books/and learning tools.

All she wants for christmas is a desk, art supplies and gift certificates to the learning palace (teachers supplies). She does her chores; dishes/laundry/cleans her room and she helps the little ones with their chores, all of this in addition to practicing piano and homework everyday. And she hardly ever complains. She takes the baby when I need help and she entertains Lily & Otto when I need a break.


One morning I was sick and was also up late with Ruby the night before and so I was sleeping in. When I finally got up, I came out and Brooklyn had gotten the entire house cleaned, got the kids breakfast, got everyone dressed, and made all of their lunches and all of this without me knowing or hearing a peep.



I know that I was suppose to have her first, because I needed her, and her family needed her to be the oldest. She is my sweet, wonderful, Brooklyn and I love her!


P.S. isn't she the best model? She is modeling Hula Mula fall 08


10 comments:

Hess Fam said...

She is adorable. I'm hoping my first born takes after her!!!

SHANNA said...

you are truly blessed. i miss that girl. i need her to teach my kids a thing or two. wish we could add to all the excitement for christmas this year. can't wait to see you guys in march maybe!!!

Baby Go Retro said...

Thanks you! Look at Brooklyn..she is getting so tall! And gorgeous..Mads would Love that dress! She loves the tank, dress, jean combo. No leggings though..bummer! Have a fantabulous Christmas!! Sheila

Anonymous said...

you are lucky! I would kill for a peacemaker. Maybe when they get bigger...

Nikki said...

That sounds like biddles...Riley can be like that until something triggers his anger. Paige has learned to run or stay out of his way, we all have!!!

BakeliteBebe said...

This is such a sweet posting....and she is such a good girl!!

melanie said...

Can I borrow her for a couple weeks??

biddles and scootch said...

nope, mel..you can't have her, I need her!! LOL

A Rosie Family said...

I am so jealous. I need one of thoes little girls to help me out. I'm pulling my hair out most the time as it is... one more one the way! Pray for me!

Erickson Family said...

NO FAIR! My oldest acts like the youngest most of the time. I needed her to be like that especially since all her little sisters look up to her so much!
p.s. They have a hula dance studio somewhere near Woodland or Kalama. I am considering it.... =D