Tuesday, December 25, 2007

White Christmas



My favorite christmas movie is "White Christmas". I can't wait to watch it every year, nothing gets me into the christmas mood like this movie does (besides Elf), and and I go to bed hoping & dreaming for a white christmas, and this year it came true....Kinda!


OK, lets back up to the night before christmas.


We invited all of the Nash family over and had a fun evening with lots of yummy food, crazy opening up of gifts from the name exchange, and a wonderful presentation of the Nativity by all 7 Nash grandkids (and Trent), it was a hillarious and a not so spiritual rendition that made great grandma Nash cry, then we all rushed home because we heard real sleigh bells on the roof.


After opening one present each (new PJ's), posing for pictures, and a family prayer (in which Brooklyn asked if she could dream of sugar plum fairies), Trent read the kids "Twas the night before christmas", which is a very anticipated tradition. Then we proceeded to threaten the kids that if they come down stairs santa would not come. We also told the kids that they may not wake up until after 6am. So, at 6:00am exactly we get the wake up call...and so the day begins!


6:00-8:00 opening presents-


Favorite presents of the day;
(Brooklyn-Desk/Vanity, Lily- Frog habitat, Otto-tiny race car track, Melissa-the 3hr uninterupted nap, that would take place later that morning...oh and that Juicy Couture Necklace, Trent-miniature remote controlled helicopter...even though it was Otto's present, Family present-We are heading to Disneyland in 2 weeks!! YEAHHH! Spoiled kids!).


8:30- homemade scones, with homemade jam! A yummy Nash family tradition.


9:00-11:00- Nap for mommy and Ruby


11:15- SNOW! Yep, that is right I got my snow! The kids were so excited and ran out to catch snowflakes. Even though it melted when it hit the ground, it was still real snow and it was wonderful!!


We ended our day with a wonderful honey baked ham dinner, (thanks to a client of ours), homemade apple pie (thanks to gloria), and a nice phone call from my brother Brett in Argentina.


Merry christmas, and enjoy some of our christmas pics!













6 comments:

SHANNA said...

soooo sweet. i love all your pictures. it sounds like christmas was very busy and super fun for all the kids. loved talking to you last night. great post. wish we had a white christmas!! ours was just wet.

Rosenlof 4 said...

What an awesome day you had! No snow for us, just seriuosly dry heat :(. Glad you had a great day. Maybe we'll see ya at Disneyland!

Erickson Family said...

I know it sounds crazy, but I I I am dreaming of a white christmas! Luuckyyy!!! LOL I miss the season changes. I love the smell of a crisp cool morning and the smells of pine trees and wreaths. It wasn't quite the same.
We were gonna go to the beach on Christmas day, but it was just too crazy!

Louise said...

I'm with Shanna on the wet Christmas thing! Super cute pictures! I love "White Christmas" too! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Louise said...

I'm with Shanna on the wet Christmas thing! Super cute pictures! I love "White Christmas" too! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of Lily. It looks like a Christmas card.