Sunday, November 18, 2007

The difference between boys and girls



I have come to the conclusion, that there is a difference between boy and girl children. Since we had 2 girls first, I had no idea what boy children were like, other than the occasional visit to family and friends who had boys.

My girls love to draw, read books, watch movies, and are happy and content playing in their room quietly for hours (yes, they do have the loud moments and flights) but overall, they are tempered and quiet.

Then we have this sweet sweet baby boy, and all is well in our house....until he turned 3! Now, the differences between boy and girl children appear!

I don't know how moms with mulitple boys are sane! Don't get me wrong, Otto is still a sweet boy...but the jumping, running, shouting, fighting ninjas, spiderman moves and basically bouncing off the roof is tiresom!! Boys are so so more active and play louder, and make-believe more with crazy action movements and don't get me started on boys using the bathroom!

I am exhausted watching him and exhausted dealing with him, I guess I am just not used to it. And the energy level has gone up 3 notches since he turned 3. Yes, indeed there is a difference between boy and girl children, if you don't believe me, come to our house for a week!

Even though my patience is being tested daily.... Otto has his own sweet spirit and everyone he meets just loves him, He is my sweet baby boy and he is the best cuddle-er in the world. I love it when he needs me, and asks for mommy. I feel bad that Ruby has taken his place as the 'baby' in the family, and it has forced him to be the BIG BROTHER.

We are lucky to have a family business, where everyday he can hang out with daddy all day long. He goes everywhere with Trent and is his little shadow, and he loves to impress daddy and do everything that daddy does. I hope that he turns out exactly like his daddy.

I do have to admit, that he is obessed with fashion and he gets excited about new Knuckleheads designs, and he is very picky about what he wears and it has to be either, Knuckleheads (he looks for the logo) or Rock Band tees.....hummm, don't know where it gets that from!

I love his collection of cars, and his obession to have every monster truck ever made. He is happy as long as he has a little truck in one hand, and a little bag of crackers in the other.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't trade Otto for all the girls in the world. (except maybe yesterday)!



I can't just leave a post with out new Ruby pics, these are for poppy! And if you think her hair looks a little red...it is! She is going more strawberry redish blonde! LOL. I guess we have one head of every color in our house!





5 comments:

SHANNA said...

oh how true the boy girl thing is..... i am in total agreement. the new ruby pictures are so cute and the red hair is so fitting for her name!!! you guys are good.

Rboot said...

Ruby looks like Lily only with hair. I can't wait to do a real 'torture treatment' to her now that she's getting older.

Windy Ridge said...

LOL! I have 5 of them so feel your pain. Both Anna & I have little boys around the same age as Otto and we were saying he acts just like our boys! -Jen from Windy Ridge:-)

Anonymous said...

The hardest part about having a new baby is displacing the "old" baby. IT breaks my heart every time. Olivia is SO loud and crazy right now. She just needs so much attention. I tell Adam if we had a home with Olivia it would be so sad, but also much more quiet!

Ruby is unbelievably gorgeous!!!!! Love the red hair. Henry's is Orange. However, it's turning white. And he's almost bald, Christensen style.

Krystal said...

Now I'm a little nervous and wondering what the future holds for us with Lincoln! It's pretty neat how different boys and girls can be. I love the pictures... you have a beautiful family!