Thursday, November 15, 2007

Melissa's Green Bean Casserole Extraordinaire

Ok, so this is the BEST green bean casserole ever! Now, I am not a green bean fan..but I LOVE this. Infact both of my very very picky sisters who also don't like green beans, couldn't stop eating this. Try it for Thanksgiving dinner, I promise it will be a hit! Oh, and the best part is that you can prepare this in 5-10 minutes!

Step 1
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded swiss cheese
4 (14.5 ounce) cans of french style green beans (drained)

Step 2
2 cups cornflakes cereal (crushed)
1/4 cup butter, melted

1. Preheat oven 350. Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish
Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a large skillet. Stir in flour to make a paste. Blend in sour cream in the paste, stiring constantly. When the mixture is hot and bubbly, remove from the heat, and stir in the swiss cheese. When the cheese is melted, add the green beans, stir til coated. Pour the entire mixture into the prepared casserole dish.

2. In a small bowl, mix the cornflakes and melted butter. Sprinkle over the green beans.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

BakeliteBebe said...

I am SURE I will enjoy this, as well as the rest of my family. It is sooo delicious!!!
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly
enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for inexperienced blog writers? I'd genuinely
appreciate it.

Here is my blog ... cccam cfg download 2011