Tuesday, September 23, 2008

***new info on the MATH story below***


I told her to get the correct example from her teacher so that I know how to do it so I can help her. She got upset and said she was waiting for daddy to get home.

When Trent got home she read the word problem to Trent; it went something like this, "if a fern grows 3 times faster than the tree, when will the fern be as tall as the tree?" (there was more to the problem, but this is all Trent heard) and Trent goes, a fern will never be as tall as a tree.


So, Brooklyn wrote that down and turned it in! So, obviously this is not the MATH answer, even if it makes sense in real life. Hopefully her teacher will laugh and let her try again...poor kid, both parents are not good at math!


********


I had my eyes dilated for the first time today.....it was a weird feeling, and a pain, I couldn't see my computer for a few hours so I had Trent read me my emails, so if you got a weird email just ignore it. Anyhow the eye visit was totally worth it because I am going in for Lasik on Oct 10th!


Whoo hoo, I am so excited, can't wait.


On another note, I have been helping Brooklyn with her math homework and today she came home upset because she got her homework wrong. Apparently I can't do 4th grade math...word problems. So today she had the same homework (different word problem) and I have NO clue how to do it or how to tell her how to do it. She has to do a chart and explain how she got the answer and I have no clue how to do that part...so if you are good a math charts please call me!!

6 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Poor Melissa. I'm afraid of those days. My sister is actually a math tutor. You could drive to Portland for a little help???
Hey...what size does Brooklyn wear in jeans?

biddles and scootch said...

LOL...I might have to! Brooklyn is about an 8.

Anonymous said...

Lucky. I would kill for Lasik.

And that is my biggest fear. When I can't help with homework anymore. I know it is coming sooner than I think. Especially since I never was good at math and grammar, etc. Oh well, that's why they have a dad!

Rboot said...

Wish I could help. Charts are a pain, does she have examples of the charts? If so, you can always figure it our starting at the answer and work back.

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,

You know how I love math : ) If she needs help let me know!

A Rosie Family said...

Oh my.. I am so not looking forward to thoes days. I had to fight with Porter just to trace a few letters this week for his first homework assignment! Oh me, oh my!